Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational communications, information technology and consumer electronics company. This company was founded in 1865. It’s headquarters are in Espoo, Uusimaa, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area. Nokia in India was first time visit in 1995.
Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband, providing the world most efficient mobile network. it works Health, Network, Virtual reality, and Phones. It’s Networks in India is very strong and it is one of the most strategic markets since 1995.
Nokia In India History and Business Information
Nokia Networks business in India
- More then 15000 people connected with direct & indirect way and 20 principle offices over 100 different locations in india.
- More then 280 million subscribers in India via 230,000 sites. It company using Nokia’s equipment
- Global Delivery Center at Noida & Chennai managing > 200 million subscribers globally across 86 countries. Service Management Capability Center in Noida.
- India’s largest international telecom infrastructure manufacturer with the first to manufacture 3G and LTE products locally
- Global R&D center in Bengaluru with 3000 people
- Early 4G/ LTE player, selected by Bharti Airtel for network deployment in Maharashtra
- Recognition Awarded ‘Top Managed Services Vendor’ by Voice in 2013
- Data, “Top Wireless Infrastructure company in 2013” by Amity University
- Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2012 for innovative Vendor Telecom Product among others
Networks market leadership in India
- 2 in wireless infrastructure (source: Voice & Data 100)
- 1 in Managed services 160,000 sites serving 220 million subscribers across 22 circles – multi vendor capabilities (source: Voice & Data 100)
- Close to 30% market share in mobile broadband
- 1 in GSM-Railways
- 1 in Packet Core, critical for rising mobile data usage
- 10 Indian operators rely on us, including Aircel, Bharti, BSNL, Defense, Idea, Railways, Tata, Uninor, Videocon and Vodafone
Mobiles and Smartphone Market Nokia In India
The world’s first GSM call was made by Finnish prime minister Harri Holkeri on 1 July 1991. That time prime Minister was using Nokia equipment on the 900 MHz band network built by Nokia and operated by Radiolinja.
CEO Rajeev Suri confirmed that the company would make a return to the mobile phones market in 2016 after 2 Year break. Today Nokia works with Google Android. Nokia smartphone business partner is HMD Global after Microsoft.